2012年2月10日星期五

PS3-60 Bethesda exec calls for single co

,福州装修

Bethesda Softworks game director Todd Howard has revealed that he's keen for the industry to adopt a one console as standard. Speaking to PSM3,福州装修公司, Howard - also executive producer on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - was asked which one thing he would change about working in the games market. He responded by saying he feels it takes a lot of effort to create a game for multiple platforms and would like to see games follow the same path of DVDs and Blu-rays."I'd like there to be only one platform. It's a lot of work to make the games look good on every platform you're on," said Howard."I often equate it to DVD or Blu-Rays. Once I've bought a DVD I can use it in my TV, in my computer, in my car, here, whatever. And I think it would be good for gaming if it was like that," he added.The 'One-console future', as it has come to be known, was famously put forward by Silicon Knights founder Dennis Dyack, who said it would be a "massive paradigm shift" that would lead to games becoming "better in quality, cheaper, and more widely available".However, while Dyack said it is an inevitability, Howard acknowledges it isn't necessarily a realistic future."They spend billions of dollars selling consoles at a loss for years, but then make the money back with games," he commented. "It's not like the industry is hurting, we're doing really well. But if I had one wish, you know, we would have better games for a single platform."Former SCEE president David Reeves told CVG last year that he could envisage a future in which Sony and Microsoft joined forces to create a single machine. Tamoor Hussain

没有评论:

发表评论